First, I must say...
WOW, I have some fucktanstic friends. Seriously guys! I was stressing out about my paper this morning. I put up that questionnaire/interview thinking I'd only get like two people IF THAT. But, NO the responses came POURING in! I got 10+ detailed interviews, all of which I WILL be using. I got 19 pages written, and I'm still counting. Fortunatly, I had enough to turn in before my mid-term so I won't get a 0, and I'll be able to get a good grade on it once I finish it. So, THANK YOU SO MUCH
. And if you still want to send one in, go ahead I'll use it too!
I thought since everyone took the time to answer my questions and trusted me with such personal information, I should give you all my answers to the questions.
(If you're interested of course, if not then just skip down.)
1. How often do you use the internet and what do you use it for?
Lately, I've been using it mostly for work/school and sometimes leisure. I'm typically always on it at work (7 hrs a day), but I'm only working or looking at news. Not really hard core surfing, nor do I pay much attention to it. At home, probably two hours every other day for either school, dA, or youtube.
2. Who do you communicate with online; what sort of online relationships have you established? (Romantic, friendships, family. This can be both in real life and online.)
I don't really talk to a lot of people online any more. Well, I take that back. I do talk to a lot of classmates about schoolwork and also my professors. That's what I mostly use my email for. On IM I just talk to a few close friends. On dA I probably talk to the most people, all friends.
3. Do you feel more or less connected to people when using online communication (blogging, texting, facebook, myspace, dA. Please be detailed.)
Both in some ways. I feel more personally connected with emotions etc in non-verbal applications. I find it's easier to express myself via text etc. However, it's not necessary. Nothing could ever replace a living breathing relationship though.
4. How well do you believe you know strictly online friends or romantic partners? How does the internet hinder and help your relationships?
You never fully know someone. But, I think the people I know, I know a very true version of themselves. Not the face value that I would just meet on the street, the real person... if that makes sense.
5. Do you feel you express your emotions better via text, instant messaging, and email or phone and face-to-face conversation? How do you communicate differently online verses real life?
Like I said up there, I'm much more articulate while writing. Unfortunately, I have a bit of an anxiety problem so I get tongue tide and I can't accurately express myself. I'm just a tad shy. No biggy. It's not like I can't form cave man speak. Me talk good. Hand me steak.
6. Do you feel you present "the real you" better in person or online? How much information do you divulge to the internet (blogs, social networking) and how much to real life (conversations, meetings, appearance)?
I think there is a healthy balance. I much more lenient about my appearance on deviantArt because it's a mode of expression. Here, I'm a bad ass Buddhist, IRL, I'm an easy-going, somewhat bad ass, Buddhist.
7. Is there anything you would like to add about self-perception, online communication v. real life communication, and online relationships?
8. How much time do you spend on deviantArt? Do you feel you express yourself better in your art and opinions on dA than real life?
Lots, and lots! I used to really, really try to be a gd because I really wanted to be one. I still want to be one, but now I'm back to focusing on how much I love this orgy of a canvas.
Relationship status: Sleeping Around