What is art? The Project
I want to gather some information on your own opinions on art (more particularly, deviantArt). Lately, I've been lurking in a few galleries and I started wondering... what is art, really? My goal is to write a news article based on user feedback of what the deviantArt community sees as art, and what it does not. If you could fill out this quick questionnaire (in comments or a note) I would greatly appreciate it. Please note that I may quote you unless you specifically say you would not like to be quoted.
1. What is art to you?
2. How would you define Art Photography and differentiate it from other photography?
3. Do you view photomanipulation as an art? What types of photomanipulations do you not view as art?
4. What gallery do you participate/post to on dA, where you see a difference between art and what you consider "not art"? What is that difference?
5. Is art in "the eye of the beholder"?
6. Would you consider a snap-shot "art"?
7. Would you consider snap-shots of the photographer in a mirror as a "portrait" or "art"?
8. Do you consider fan-fiction and fan art, art to be posted on dA?
9. Would you say that 10+ deviations of the same type (the photographer's face, a poem with the same themes, etc) devalues the original concept and art?
10. Is there anything else you would like to add on the subject?
People I Stalk
I've something very shameful to admit. Apart from my usual deviants (you sexy bitches) that I stalk, I've added a few to my list. I've been stalking these deviants for a few week and I've been drooling all over their galleries. I thought I'd share them you with guys, before they get a restraining order out on me!
Awesome, right?! Just wanted to share the galleries I've been most inspired by/lurking in! All these deviants are pretty badass and nice as well, so hit them up if you wanna meet some pretty rad people!
Reserved for YOU
Okay, it's no big secret... I'm very, very unorganized. A few of my friends sent me some notes asking me to feature projects/deviations and since it was right before my 100D feature I sort of got buried and now I can't find the notes!
So, here is a spot reserved for any features you want me to feature of YOURS! Deviations, deviants, news articles, clubs, projects, anything. Just comment about it, and I'll pimp ya!
Have a good day my succulent strawberries! Be good! (Or deliciously devious!) I would appreciate it if you would note me with clubs, news articles, or other deviants that I would enjoy and possible feature!
Thank you for having the courtesy enough to read my journal. Thank you everyone who has been so lovely. And remember, you can just type "LOVELOVELOVE" in my comments and it would make my day.